May 25, 2022
How we rest and what that looks like, will be different for each of us. As we approach the summer days in a few more weeks and simultaneously navigate all that is happening in our world (from women’s reproductive rights to mass shootings) we are each invited to reconsider what rest means for us in this season of life. You are invited to give yourself permission to rest as needed.
What is rest and why is it essential? Rest can be held synonymous with the phrases “to relax” or “to take a break”. However, have you ever considered that rest can also sound more similar to the invitation to “take repose” or “to remain”? Rest ebbs and flows, but there is one thing for certain: we all need it on a regular basis to function in mind, body, and spirit.
When we rest, not only are we allowing our body to heal from stress, worry, and anxiety. We are also allowing our minds and spirit to reset and renew as well. When we rest, we give ourselves permission to become our integrated selves.
As women, it is common to find that there are so many moving parts in our day-to-day life that rest becomes a second thought or a thought at all. If carving time out to rest is something you may struggle with, we want you to know that you are not alone. In fact, we want to encourage you all the more in starting off the onset of this summer season to give yourself permission to:
1) Be grateful for the need for rest
2) Give a resounding, full “yes!” to lean into what remains to be rest for you in the abundance of brighter, sunnier days ahead.
While rest and relaxation will play out differently for each one of us, here are 7 ideas to get you started on creating a morning and evening routine that enables rest throughout your summer days:
- Decide which times you will regularly sleep and wake up so that you consistently have 7-9 hours of sleep each day.
- Wake up earlier than usual to ease into the quietness of the morning
- Meditate and free-write in the morning and/or evening.
- Do yoga poses or an exercise routine in the morning and/or evening.
- Treat yourself to a massage with Tonee!
- “Eat the rainbow” (Eat organic produce of various colors to get an increased intake of vitamins and nutrients).
- Reconnect with a friend over tea or coffee at home or at a cafe.
If you are seeking to learn more on how to incorporate these tips, we would be happy to assist you along the way, creating a lifestyle of rest that suits your unique integrative health and wellness needs.
Schedule a FREE 15-minute consultation with us today and see how we can help you find your rhythm of rest.
Please Note: The information provided on or through this website or blog is for educational and informational purposes only and solely as a self-help tool for your own use. Engaging with this material does not constitute a client/therapist relationship*